This is a recording of our online Q and A session for people heading to Canada and the USA for the 23/24 ski season.It includes the following topics:
- Visa options for seasonal works. (There’s an 11 week processing period for the Canadian IEC visa so apply ASAP if you haven’t already done so).
- Long Range snow forecast
- Getting around in the USA and Canada
- Affordable housing in ski towns
- The pros and cons with sub-leases
- Do you need a car?
- Getting employable housing
- Which ski resort is best for you?
Thanks to everyone who joined the session and for the great questions from the audience.
Here’s a some links to some really useful sites.
- Official information about the 2 year International Experience Canada Visas.
- Other work permits for Canada
- J1 visas for students or recent graduates in the USA
- Temporary Worker Visas for USA
- The Brrrr is Back. Farmers Almanac winter forecast.
- Pop A Ride a very cool ride sharing website for regional travel in Canada.
- Get yourself to the top of the list for employee housing (our podcast)
- How to spot a ski resort rental scam